Forums

Combined Assault Platoon :: Forums :: PC Chat + Advice :: Hardware

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
AMD RX 480 GPU (P.S.A)
Moderators: ‹«ÇÂÞ»›Lemon, DaMaN, «ÇÂÞ»Çýäñötïç, ‹«ÇÂÞ»›Priza, ‹«ÇÂÞ»›BeBop, ‹«ÇÂÞ»›Traker, ‹«ÇÂÞ»›TalonSix, ‹«ÇÂÞ»›SgtBlueBalls, ‹«ÇÂÞ»›SweetpeaOne, ‹«ÇÂÞ»›Deuce3r, ‹«ÇÂÞ»›cap10zeus, checkernz
Author Post
‹«ÇÂÞ»›NxCmp
Tue Jul 05 2016, 09:51PM
Registered Member #595
For those who may not know or have not heard, a issue was found with the new RX 480s from AMD. There is a issue with the power delivery for the card. It is pulling way more power over the PCI-e bus then what it is rated for. Under heavy load for long gaming/computing sessions this can possibly cause system damage. AMD has said that a new driver can fix the issue but IMO if its a power delivery issue, it should be fixed by a BIOS update, and not throttled via software controls. In terms of power draw for the RX 480 it is pulling about 50% more power for 12volt current (5.5 AMPS MAX) above safe spec, and about 45% more 12volt power (66 WATTS MAX) above safe spec.

If you are in the market for the 480, keeps this in mind, and keep tabs on updates about the issue.
‹«ÇÂÞ»›SSmoker
Fri Nov 25 2016, 01:56AM
SSmoker
Registered Member #1542
Here is another reason why 90% of the gaming community use Nvidia GTX cards. AMD has been outclassed for years. I wish they would get there - (censor for saying crap really guys) [censored by site] together & give Nvidia a run for there money.

[ Edited Fri Nov 25 2016, 01:58AM ]
‹«ÇÂÞ»›BeBop
Fri Nov 25 2016, 04:07AM

Registered Member #133
Good info - I also choose NVidia. On one of my first builds in 95 I wanted to change cards from ATI driver to NVidia. It took about 10 hours to remove all of the ATI references in the registry. When I looked at where NVidia loaded it only went to its file and about 3 places per key. Why does ATI want to attach to almost every key

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF